Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Kisah budak gemok

When I was a kid, I was so fat that my mum needs to monitor my food intake. Thanks to my mum, I was saved from the obesity. I knew this cuz I read my infant-health card(?) , the red card you get as a baby, where it record all your immunization and docs visit…in mine, there is a detailed description on what I should eat and what I shouldn't.

I grew up as this chubby kid. I never had a trouble eating…I have no food-allergy and when it comes to food, I am not choosy. (heh…I am not choosy in almost everything…or so I said.) My mum always advice me to eat more moderately…my mum is the greatest…although I need to confess, when I was a kid, there are times when I am upset with my mum cuz she keeps on reminding me to eat less…I was a kid…I didn't know any better…now that I did…I truly appreciate every advice my mum gave…

In 1997-1998, my family and I went to Cardiff for a year. There, I walk to my school every single day. It's a long long walk but since the weather was so nice, it's a pleasant long walk. I wasn't trying to loose weight at that time. I was having the time of my life. Life is fun. When we return to Kuching, I was surprised to realize how thin I actually am.

Yes! For the 1st time in my life, I am thin.

It lasted for about 6 months to one year. Slowly I accumulate fat ( :p) and slowly I become fat again. It's a struggle for me. Personally, I never care about it. I am fat, but I like what I'm seeing in the mirror. Though I can't fit to my sisters' dress, I get over that soon before I even realize I am upset.

The only thing that bothers me is how much people love to remind me that I am fat! It annoys me so much…but I can just smile politely…but cried tersedu2 in my heart. It is painful when all people can talk about is how fat I am. I guess they tell it to my face cuz I am between chubby—fat-obese….i am not really slim…but I am not obese either. So they think its ok for them to remind me 'aie…gemok kitak fiela'…'aie…knak kitak makin berisi?'….'aieeeeeeeeee….bla bla bla'… : (

So through my high-school, I struggle to maintain my weight….i always find comfort in food (typical female!)…I can have as many peanuts/nuts and pizza and oily food as I want, and still not having breakouts…. I love chocolate… I love all things sweet and carbs and fatsss…..

Few years ago…I went through a really bad breakup… I gain 10kg within 4-6 months. Before that, I was in my best shape. I am fit and my BMI is normal….till I gain this extra 10kg…for months after that…I still gain weight….till where I am now…

Losing weight is really hard. Especially when u are emotional. It is extra hard when you have no self-control and discipline when it comes to food and exercise.

Now I am going through a really bad patch. I have given up (not completely, but partially)…I have given up junk food and soda drinks especially chocolate, potato chips and coca-cola/cokes…I really am going through hell…I crave for extra sugar every single day…I want that sugar-high…I have replace my extra-food-consumption with fruit….but really! Fruit gives you healthy skin and bla bla bla…but it won't give you that sugar-high….or at least not for me…hmmm

The 'moral' of the story is, I am proud of myself…cuz even in this really horrible time of my life, I am able to at least maintain my weight and not gaining any… :p


 

p/s: yup….you guys had just wasted few minutes of your life reading this entry….ha ha ha… :p