Friday, December 11, 2009

Yes, I’m a muslim.


Yesterday, I stop at the dai mini-shop to buy some treats for me. The Makcik Cashier is so friendly and almost each time I'm there, she would try to chat with me, even though I've told her again and again 'Nihongo Wakaranai!'...(hope that's right) hahaha…..it suppose to mean, 'I can't speak Japanese'…or something like that. So…yeah…we do chat. Me talking English, she Japanese plus lots and lots of hand-gesture… :p


Anyway our conversation yesterday went something like this…

Makcik Cashier: You wear headscarf because you're a Muslim right?

Me: Yes. (Smiling…well…religious question like that always make me smile. I wonder why).

Makcik Cashier: But you're in Japan! Can't you take it off, even when you're in Japan?

Me: Ohhh….no no… dame' dame'…(dame' means cannot…if I'm right…again…hehe).....


in Japan, they use this hand gesture meaning 'No' or 'Cannot'.....



Islam….here there everywhere….no matter where I go…Islam is in my heart and will always be my way-of-life… ;)