Saturday, October 17, 2009

What do you think of the Christians?

This conversation occurs on the 1st day of Raya 2009. I was waiting for the shuttle bus to take me to Narita Airport when suddenly a Mat Saleh approached me and give me a smile. Naturally I smile back and that's where it all started.

We were introducing ourselves briefly. He's a business man who has restaurants around German and now he's trying to open a branch at Philippines (or somewhere there). Anyway after the warm introduction, we had a moment of silent. That's where he jumps in…

German-Guy: What do you think of Christian?

I was taken aback. I don't mean it but I guess it shows on my face and before I had the chance to say anything, he added,

' Well, I know it's quite a surprise question'

Ahahaha…nanglah bang oiii….tanyak camya tetiba lepas crita pasal restaurant and I'm thinking this guy must be very rich etc.

Anyway... I smiled and said, 'I have no problem with Christians. In Malaysia we live harmony with other religion. We have Muslims, the Christians, Buddha, Hindu… Of course we are encourage to spread our own religion, all religion does right (he nodded) ... but in the same time, we respect them, and they respect us.'

He grin widely and start to talk about the Holy War, Osama bin Laden, about his experience living in Saudi Arabia 10 years ago and about his German friends who became a muslimah.

He's just like me…like most of us. Respect them and they respect us.

He thinks the Holy War is b***s***.

He said he had such a hard time living in Saudi Arabia until he has to leave. Most of the Muslims there are so cold towards Christians and he couldn't take it anymore.

Sad…..that's what I said to him…. 'It is sad to know that some of our brothers and sisters in Muslim are so shallow minded people.' So he added…'yeah…same with some Christians'

I just smile and in my heart I wish others are like us…

Bukan semua muslim terrorist dan bukan smua Christians suka perang like hurm….sik mok mencemar my blog by typing his name here….

'Janganlah kerana nila setitik, rosak susu sebelanga'….